In the best interest of employees, guests, and our community, and in compliance with directives from New York State, we are pausing all overnight reservations through April 30, 2020 at the Inns of Aurora. If you planned to stay with us during this time, we will be in touch to discuss your options, including advancing your deposit for a future stay or receiving a full, no-penalty refund. The Schoolhouse activities center will reopen when overnight guests return to Aurora.
We are looking forward to brighter days ahead and enthusiastically welcome you to join us this summer. To help you make your travel arrangements with confidence, we are shortening our cancellation window to seven days for any reservation made for this May. Make your reservation online at any time of day or night, or contact our reservations team between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. by phone at 315.364.8888.
Wishing you health and happiness —
Like most of you, we have been keeping a close eye on the developments surrounding COVID-19 and we fully understand the need for flexibility in travel arrangements. To ensure that you can reserve your stay in Aurora with confidence, we’re offering penalty-free options to guests with reservations between now and April 30, such as changing dates or applying deposits to future stays within 2020.
It is always our first priority to keep you and our staff healthy and safe, and we’re proud that exceptional cleanliness is one of our hallmarks. Last year, AAA awarded us their Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping award, ranking us as one of the cleanest hotels and resorts in the world. That said, we are currently taking the following steps to ensure your wellbeing:
• We are continually and intensively disinfecting all surfaces in guestrooms and throughout the Inns of Aurora, including door handles, countertops, phones, light switches, thermostats, and electronic controls.
• We have removed non-essential decorative items from all spaces, including throw blankets and pillows.
• We have intensified our cleaning procedures and have trained our team members on best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
• Our staff is required to stay home if they feel ill.
• Our staff is required and guests are encouraged to wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water multiple times per day.
• We have placed enhanced signage in all public and staff restrooms with instructions on proper handwashing technique.
• We have temporarily suspended turndown service and, at the Aurora Inn, coffee basket deliveries.
While we enthusiastically continue to welcome guests to Aurora, we are taking the following actions through Friday, April 10, in accordance with the CDC and New York State:
• 1833 Kitchen & Bar and the Fargo Bar & Grill are closed for in-person dining.
• All demonstrations, tastings, workshops, and events at Aurora Cooks! are canceled.
• The Fargo Bar & Grill is offering its full lunch and dinner menu for pick-up. You can order online or call 315.364.8006 to place your order.
• All events at the Fargo Bar & Grill (including trivia nights and the Talking Cursive beer brunch) through April 10 are canceled.
• The Village Market is open and offering a full complement of take-home meals, including expanded breakfast offerings.
• The Fitness Center, the Loft, and the Schoolhouse are closed.
Given the ever-evolving nature of situation, we will review these measures on a daily basis and keep you informed of any updates.
Aurora has always been and continues to be a special place for spending time with your loved ones and disconnecting from the rest of the world—even amidst the challenges we all are facing now.
Wishing you health and happiness,