We are committed to your wellness and safety during your travels with us. In support of these efforts, our creative team has modified elements of our experience to comply with local and national requirements and guidelines on how to stay healthy as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re also asking for active participation from you, our valued guests, to ensure the wellbeing of our staff, our Aurora community, and your fellow guests.
Aurora has always been and continues to be a special place for spending time with your loved ones and for disconnecting from the rest of the world. We are excited to welcome you to our small, peaceful village and help you create warm memories to last a lifetime.
We will continue to modify our approach to navigating COVID-19 in the face of rapidly shifting recommendations and requirements. Our most up-to-date approach will be provided on this webpage.
• In compliance with guidance from New York State, we are not accepting guests traveling from restricted states. If you have an existing reservation and your state has recently been added to this list, please call us at 315.364.8888 so that we may cancel your reservation without penalty.
• Do not travel if you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Any guests who exhibit symptoms consistent with the coronavirus will be refunded the value of their stay and required to vacate immediately.
• Be prepared to have your temperature taken upon arrival and daily by our staff.
• Respect social distancing regulations. Make use of our expansive lawns, porches, and parlors!
• Communicate openly with our staff so that we may provide you with updated information or clarify any changing circumstances.
• Your wellness and the wellness of our staff and community are paramount. We are proud to once again this year earn AAA’s Best of Housekeeping award for significantly surpassing cleanliness expectations, measured during routine, unannounced inspections.
• All guests will be screened for temperature both on arrival and daily while in Aurora. Guests exhibiting coronavirus symptoms, including fever, will be immediately directed to health services and required to check-out and return home.
• All staff members will be screened for temperature upon arrival to work. Staff exhibiting coronavirus symptoms, including fever, will be immediately directed to health services and required to return home.
• Housekeeping services will continue with special attention paid to daily disinfection of your guestroom and all public spaces, including door handles, countertops, phones, light switches, thermostats, and electronic controls. We ask that you vacate your guestroom while housekeeping performs this important work.
• Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the resort.
• Staff members are required to wear masks at all times. We ask that guests carry a mask on their person at all times, and utilize it when entering indoor spaces or in circumstances where six feet of social distancing is unable to be maintained.
• We have temporarily suspended turndown service and have removed non-essential decorative items from all spaces, including throw blankets and pillows.
• In accordance with New York State guidelines, 1833 Kitchen & Bar and the Fargo Bar & Grill are currently open with socially distant seating.
• Fargo Bar & Grill: Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner with take-out and limited patio and indoor seating.
• Village Market: Open 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., seven days a week, with prepared meals and snacks.
• Guests are welcome to enjoy take-out in their personal guestroom or in socially distant public spaces at their inn (outdoor dining preferred when weather allows).
• Private residence rentals include full access to our state-of-the-art kitchens, outfitted with high-end appliances, cookware, cooking utensils, dinnerware, flatware, and glasses.
• We are delighted to offer a variety of contactless programming. Please review our complimentary programming amenities, including watercraft, bicycles, games, art supplies, and more.
• Fitness classes and other group activities are temporarily suspended. However, we delighted to offer a wide variety of private experiences that fall within health and safety guidelines. Review our private experiences page for current options and offerings.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we adapt to this rapidly changing new reality. We are committed to providing clear, consistent communication and to making decisions that protect the welfare of our guests, our staff, and our community. We look forward to welcoming you to Aurora!
In the best interest of employees, guests, and our community, and in compliance with directives from New York State, we are pausing all overnight reservations through April 30, 2020 at the Inns of Aurora. If you planned to stay with us during this time, we will be in touch to discuss your options, including advancing your deposit for a future stay or receiving a full, no-penalty refund. The Schoolhouse activities center will reopen when overnight guests return to Aurora.
We are looking forward to brighter days ahead and enthusiastically welcome you to join us this summer. To help you make your travel arrangements with confidence, we are shortening our cancellation window to seven days for any reservation made for this May. Make your reservation online at any time of day or night, or contact our reservations team between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. by phone at 315.364.8888.
Wishing you health and happiness —
Like most of you, we have been keeping a close eye on the developments surrounding COVID-19 and we fully understand the need for flexibility in travel arrangements. To ensure that you can reserve your stay in Aurora with confidence, we’re offering penalty-free options to guests with reservations between now and April 30, such as changing dates or applying deposits to future stays within 2020.
It is always our first priority to keep you and our staff healthy and safe, and we’re proud that exceptional cleanliness is one of our hallmarks. Last year, AAA awarded us their Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping award, ranking us as one of the cleanest hotels and resorts in the world. That said, we are currently taking the following steps to ensure your wellbeing:
• We are continually and intensively disinfecting all surfaces in guestrooms and throughout the Inns of Aurora, including door handles, countertops, phones, light switches, thermostats, and electronic controls.
• We have removed non-essential decorative items from all spaces, including throw blankets and pillows.
• We have intensified our cleaning procedures and have trained our team members on best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
• Our staff is required to stay home if they feel ill.
• Our staff is required and guests are encouraged to wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water multiple times per day.
• We have placed enhanced signage in all public and staff restrooms with instructions on proper handwashing technique.
• We have temporarily suspended turndown service and, at the Aurora Inn, coffee basket deliveries.
While we enthusiastically continue to welcome guests to Aurora, we are taking the following actions through Friday, April 10, in accordance with the CDC and New York State:
• 1833 Kitchen & Bar and the Fargo Bar & Grill are closed for in-person dining.
• All demonstrations, tastings, workshops, and events at Aurora Cooks! are canceled.
• The Fargo Bar & Grill is offering its full lunch and dinner menu for pick-up. You can order online or call 315.364.8006 to place your order.
• All events at the Fargo Bar & Grill (including trivia nights and the Talking Cursive beer brunch) through April 10 are canceled.
• The Village Market is open and offering a full complement of take-home meals, including expanded breakfast offerings.
• The Fitness Center, the Loft, and the Schoolhouse are closed.
Given the ever-evolving nature of situation, we will review these measures on a daily basis and keep you informed of any updates.
Aurora has always been and continues to be a special place for spending time with your loved ones and disconnecting from the rest of the world—even amidst the challenges we all are facing now.
Wishing you health and happiness,