Preparing for Your Travel Experience
UPDATED JULY 30, 2020
We are committed to your wellness and safety during your travels with us. In support of these efforts, our creative team has modified elements of our experience to comply with local and national requirements and guidelines on how to stay healthy as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re also asking for active participation from you, our valued guests, to ensure the well being of our staff, our Aurora community, and your fellow guests.
Aurora has always been and continues to be a special place for spending time with your loved ones and for disconnecting from the rest of the world. We are excited to welcome you to our small, peaceful village and help you create warm memories to last a lifetime.
We will continue to modify our approach to navigating COVID-19 in the face of rapidly shifting recommendations and requirements. Our most up-to-date approach will be provided on this webpage.
Your Responsibilities as a Guest of the Inns of Aurora
• In compliance with guidance from New York State, we are not accepting guests traveling from restricted states. If you have an existing reservation and your state has recently been added to this list, please call us at 315.364.8888 so that we may cancel your reservation without penalty.
• Do not travel if you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Any guests who exhibit symptoms consistent with the coronavirus will be refunded the value of their stay and required to vacate immediately.
• Pack and travel with your personal face mask. We require masks to be used in accordance with New York State law and CDC guidelines, including when entering the Village Market or any other Inns of Aurora spaces.
• Respect social distancing regulations. Make use of our expansive lawns, porches, and parlors!
• Communicate openly with our staff so that we may provide you with updated information or clarify any changing circumstances.
• To limit the number of guests traveling to Aurora and further protect you, our staff, and community members, we are accepting reservations with a two-night minimum length of stay now through June 15. Guests make book one-night stays after June 15.
Health & Safety
• Your wellness and the wellness of our staff and community are paramount. We are proud to once again this year earn AAA’s Best of Housekeeping award for significantly surpassing cleanliness expectations, which are measured during routine, unannounced inspections.
• Housekeeping services will continue with special attention paid to daily disinfection of your guestroom and all public spaces, including door handles, countertops, phones, light switches, thermostats, and electronic controls. We ask that you vacate your guestroom while housekeeping performs this important work.
• Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the resort.
• Staff members are required to wear masks at all times. We ask that guests carry a mask on their person at all times, and utilize it when entering indoor spaces or in circumstances where six feet of social distancing is unable to be maintained.
• We have temporarily suspended turndown service and have removed non-essential decorative items from all spaces, including throw blankets and pillows.
Food & Beverage
• In accordance with New York State guidelines, 1833 Kitchen & Bar and the Fargo Bar & Grill are currently open with socially distant seating.
• Fargo Bar & Grill: Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner with take-out and limited patio and indoor seating.
• 1833 Kitchen & Bar: Open Wednesday through Sunday for dinner, and Saturday & Sunday for brunch with limited veranda and indoor seating. Reservations are strongly recommended.
• Village Market: Open 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., seven days a week, with prepared meals and snacks.
• Guests are welcome to enjoy take-out in their personal guestroom or in socially distant public spaces at their inn (outdoor dining preferred when weather allows).
• Private residence rentals include full access to our state-of-the-art kitchens, outfitted with high-end appliances, cookware, cooking utensils, dinnerware, flatware, and glasses.
Activities & Amenities
• We are delighted to offer a variety of contactless programming. Please review our complimentary programming amenities, including watercraft, bicycles, games, art supplies, and more.
• Fitness classes, and other group activities are temporarily suspended. However, we are delighted to offer a wide variety of private experiences that fall within health and safety guidelines. Review our private experiences page for current options and offerings.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we adapt to this rapidly changing new reality. We are committed to providing clear, consistent communication and to making decisions that protect the welfare of our guests, our staff, and our community. We look forward to welcoming you to Aurora!