Preparing for Your Travel Experience
UPDATED JUNE 24, 2021
We are committed to your wellness and safety during your travels with us. In support of these efforts, our creative team has modified elements of our experience to comply with local and national requirements and guidelines on how to stay healthy as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re also asking for active participation from you, our valued guests, to ensure the well being of our staff, our Aurora community, and your fellow guests.
Aurora has always been and continues to be a special place for spending time with your loved ones and for disconnecting from the rest of the world. We are excited to welcome you to our small, peaceful village and help you create warm memories to last a lifetime.
We will continue to modify our approach to navigating COVID-19 in the face of rapidly shifting recommendations and requirements. Our most up-to-date approach will be provided on this webpage.
Your Responsibilities as a Guest of the Inns of Aurora
• Please review and abide by all restrictions as specified in the New York State Travel Advisory. If you are unable to travel safely due to COVID-19, please call us at 315.364.8888 so that we may cancel your reservation without penalty.
• Do not travel if you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Any guests who exhibit symptoms consistent with the coronavirus will be refunded the value of their stay and required to vacate immediately.
• In accordance with New York State law, we require unvaccinated guests to wear face masks while indoors.
• Respect social distancing regulations. Make use of our expansive lawns, porches, and parlors!
• Communicate openly with our staff so that we may provide you with updated information or clarify any changing circumstances.
Health & Safety
• Your wellness and the wellness of our staff and community are paramount. We are proud to once again this year earn AAA’s Best of Housekeeping award for significantly surpassing cleanliness expectations, which are measured during routine, unannounced inspections.
• Housekeeping services will continue with special attention paid to daily disinfection of your guestroom and all public spaces, including door handles, countertops, phones, light switches, thermostats, and electronic controls. We ask that you vacate your guestroom while housekeeping performs this important work. Each guestroom is sealed after it is cleaned.
• Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the resort.
• Unvaccinated staff members are required to wear masks at all times while indoors. Staff members who are vaccinated and choose not to wear masks are required to wear a company-issued pin indicating their vaccination status. We are actively taking measures to encourage our staff to get vaccinated, including offering paid time off to get vaccinated, utilizing gift card incentives, and hosting a New York State-run vaccination clinic at our resort.
• We have temporarily suspended turndown service.
Food & Beverage
• In accordance with New York State guidelines, 1833 Kitchen & Bar, the Village Market, and Aurora Cooks! are currently open with socially distant seating.
• Fargo Bar & Grill: The Fargo Bar & Grill is open Wednesday through Sunday from 2:00 to 9:00 p.m. (10:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday). Please note that take-out is not available Friday through Sunday between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m.
• 1833 Kitchen & Bar: Open daily for brunch from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and dinner from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Reservations are strongly recommended. Dinner and brunch are also available to-go and can be ordered online.
• Aurora Cooks!: Open for brunch on Sunday with one seating time and a prix fixe menu. Additional offerings are available throughout the week, including a three-course prix fixe Kitchen Dinner each Monday and Tuesday. Reservations are required: please call us at 315.364.8888.
• Village Market: Open 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week, with freshly brewed coffee, breakfast pastries, prepared meals and snacks.
• Guests are welcome to enjoy take-out in their personal guestroom or in socially distant public spaces at their inn (outdoor dining preferred when weather allows).
• Private residence rentals include full access to our state-of-the-art kitchens, outfitted with high-end appliances, cookware, cooking utensils, dinnerware, flatware, and glasses.
Activities & Amenities
• We are delighted to offer a variety of safe and engaging programming. Please review our complimentary programming amenities, including games, art supplies, and more. These amenities are sanitized between use and can be checked out at the Schoolhouse Activities Center, open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we adapt to this rapidly changing new reality. We are committed to providing clear, consistent communication and to making decisions that protect the welfare of our guests, our staff, and our community. We look forward to welcoming you to Aurora!