Enjoy the ultimate lakeside retreat from the privacy of your personal residence. Three of our stunning inns—E.B. Morgan House, Rowland House, and Zabriskie House—transform into your personal lakefront estate, complete with all of the amenities and services of an Inns of Aurora experience.
Escape the crowds and pressures of everyday life and enjoy all of the comforts of home, including daily housekeeping and special touches that allow you to feel refreshed and cared for during your stay. Use our gourmet kitchens to prepare a homecooked meal—or collaborate with our executive chef for an unparalleled private dining experience and use your time away to explore each special corner of our extensive parlors, porches, and grounds.
Unwind and relax with those nearest and dearest to you in one of our three historic residences, meticulously restored and reimagined for modern travelers.
The amenities below are included in every private residence rental.
As a private residence guest, you and your party are also Inns of Aurora guests with access to all Inns of Aurora resort amenities, also listed below.
Please note that during the COVID-19 pandemic, certain offerings may be restricted or reimagined to respect health and safety guidelines.
- Organic coffee & homemade granola bars
- Fully appointment gourmet kitchen for personal groceries and meal preparation
- On-site Weber grill
- Private use of all residence dining areas, parlors, porches, and lawn
- Daily housekeeping and turndown services
- On-site innkeeper
- Concierge services for organizing activities, reservations, private dining, groceries, etc.
- In-residence washer & dryer facilities
- Flat-screen televisions
- Movie library & Google Chromecast service
- Hi-speed wireless Internet access
- In-room safe, ironing board, blow dryer
- Bedside charging stations
- Spa-quality bath products
- Down duvets & pillows; Frette linens
- Plush robes
- In-room bottled water
- Complimentary 24-hour parking
- Private fire pit & Adirondack chairs
- Lakefront and dock access
- Beach towels & water floats
- Watercraft dedicated to your residence, including two kayaks and two standup (SUP) paddleboards and lifejackets
- Private add-on experiences, including art workshops, archery lessons, yoga classes, and more
- Yoga kits
- Binoculars & birding guides
- Telescopes & star gazing guides
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Access to our calendar of activities, classes, and programs
- Plein air easels & art kits
- Tennis rackets & balls
- Golf clubs
- Coolers & picnic blankets
- Lawn games & board games
- Bicycles & helmets
- Hunter Boots
- Sonos surround sound system
Whether you prepare your treasured family recipes in your private kitchen or turn to our chefs to create a show-stopping meal, dining will be a signature part of your Aurora retreat.
Spend time relaxing while our talented culinary team prepares a private feast for the senses right in your residence. From a sparkling four-course dinner to a casual brunch buffet, a festive cocktail hour to our guest-favorite fireside gourmet s’mores bar, our expansive and customizable offerings add a celebratory flair to any private residence rental.
Despite its rural location and intimate size, the Village of Aurora is home to two exceptional restaurants and a general store, all within 300 steps of our private residences.
Along with an extensive craft beer list, the Fargo Bar & Grill serves upscale tavern fare and creative daily features. Located inside the Aurora Inn, 1833 Kitchen & Bar offers fresh farm-to-table cuisine and an award-winning wine program. Both offer take-out to enjoy in your residence. The Village Market is open daily and stocked with local gifts, pantry staples, delectable desserts, and ready-to-heat take-home meals.
Private Add-on Experiences
From yoga classes to Tarot card readings, archery lessons to fishing excursions, our extensive library of private experiences will transform your stay into a memorable retreat.
Policies & Pricing
We require a minimum two-night stay for private residence rentals. Rates range based on requested days of the week, time of the year, and length of stay but typically begin at $4,500 per night. Please contact Sara Brown, Director of Sales, to discuss availability and pricing in detail.
A deposit equal to half of the total reservation cost (plus taxes) is required at the time a private residence reservation is made. The remaining half of the total reservation cost is required 30 days prior to the arrival date.
Private residence rentals are the only opportunity for guests under the age of 14 to stay at the Inns of Aurora. Please note that we require children aged 10 years or younger to be assigned in a guestroom with an adult.
While we do not allow pets for individual guestroom reservations, we are delighted to offer pet-friendly private residences. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $250, plus tax, for each private residence reservation. We will provide a crate, dog bed, and water bowl to make your travel easier. Pets are not permitted in our restaurants, in the Schoolhouse activities center, or inside the Village Market. Pets must be on a leash at all times outside of private residences.